Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Peach Chevre Salad


This should have made my list for "Things I Love" in September, but I thought it deserved it's own special post. It's that good. The hus and I got a cheese plate at one of our favorite restaurants over the weekend, and two of the many items on it were peaches and chevre. Luckily, they were right next to each other on the plate or I may have missed out on this taste sensation. I decided to turn it into a salad at home, but this would also be great served on slices of baguette as a late summer appetizer. Go nuts, I won't judge.

To make this tasty Peach and Chevre salad you will need:

4 cups lettuce of your choice (I used red and green butter lettuces, spinach would be great as well)
1 ripe peach, sliced
2 ounces of chevre (for those of you unfamiliar, chevre is a tangy goat's milk cheese great for spreading or crumbling)

Wash your lettuce and gently pat dry (or use a salad spinner- woo!). Place into a large serving bowl (or divide evenly into 2 bowls). Top with peaches and crumble on your chevre. This serves 2-4 people as a side and can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd. We are lucky enough to have peaches in season at our local Farmer's Market, so I am getting my fill while I can.



What Summer dishes are you filling up on?

2 comments:

  1. I've been loving cherry tomatoes this past summer. I did plant a single cherry tomato plant this summer - but it didn't start to bloom until just a week ago! I'm hoping to at least get a few tomatoes from it.

    Last week, I made this Guacamole Salad (http://www.thatskinnychickcanbake.com/2013/08/guacamole-salad-saladbar.html) which was pretty darn tasty. I'm thinking about making it again for an upcoming potluck, it was that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yummy! The last time I grew cherry tomatoes it was indoors. My apartment felt like a greenhouse all Summer, the plants were like 14 feet tall and took over the whole living room. Needless to say, I have decided not to grow them again until I have an actual yard :) I just get mine at the Farmer's Market.

      Delete